Cheesy Chicken Shells
- 12 uncooked jumbo shells
- 1 Â½ cup(s) canned tomato sauce
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 Â¾ cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounce(s) roasted chicken breast diced
- Â¾ cup(s) chopped frozen spinach thawed and drained of excess water
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground oregano
- Â¾ cup(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- â cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Cook shells according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent them from cooking further. Set aside.
- 3. Coat 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray. Spread ½ cup of sauce evenly over bottom of pan and set aside.
- 4. For filling: in a large bowl, stir together egg whites, ricotta cheese, chicken, spinach, garlic powder and ground oregano. Stir in ¼ cup each of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- 5. To assemble, spoon cheese mixture into shells and place filled shells in a single layer in baking dish. Spread remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and bake about 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mltran08 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note