Cheesy Chicken and Jalapeño Sandwiches
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: P.J. Mehaffey
More From Allyou
Bake: 7 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 617
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 49g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 1043mg
- 1 24-inch loaf French bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid from a can of pickled jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced pickled jalapeños, plus extra for garnish, optional
- 3 cups shredded skinless cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Slice bread in half lengthwise and cut into quarters to make 4 6-inch pieces. Place slices, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic salt, jalapeño liquid and jalapeños, if using. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat mixture until creamy, about 2 minutes. Spread 2 Tbsp. of mixture onto top half of each sandwich. Place additional jalapeños on top, if desired.
- 3. Divide chicken among bottom halves of bread. Sprinkle with Cheddar. Bake sandwich halves until Cheddar and cream cheese melt, about 7 minutes. Pair up cream cheese halves and chicken halves. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note