- 1 24-inch loaf French bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid from a can of pickled jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced pickled jalapeños, plus extra for garnish, optional
- 3 cups shredded skinless cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- calories 617
- fat 25 g
- satfat 13 g
- protein 49 g
- carbohydrate 46 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 150 mg
- sodium 1043 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Slice bread in half lengthwise and cut into quarters to make 4 6-inch pieces. Place slices, cut side up, on baking sheet.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic salt, jalapeño liquid and jalapeños, if using. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat mixture until creamy, about 2 minutes. Spread 2 Tbsp. of mixture onto top half of each sandwich. Place additional jalapeños on top, if desired.
Divide chicken among bottom halves of bread. Sprinkle with Cheddar. Bake sandwich halves until Cheddar and cream cheese melt, about 7 minutes. Pair up cream cheese halves and chicken halves. Serve immediately.