cheesy chicken enchiladas
Enchiladas with a haven twist as my friends call it when I make a recipe my own way..haha
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 bag(s) 10 count 6 inch tortillas
- 5-6 whole(s) boneless chicken breasts boiled/shredded
- 1 box(es) mexican flavored rice cooked in water from boiled chicken
- 12 ounce(s) sour cream
- 2 can(s) old el paso enchilada sauce
- 6 cup(s) mexican flavored shredded cheese more/less per ur taste
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes/chilies
- 1/2 whole(s) onion diced
- 8 ounce(s) queso dip
- 1. Boil chicken , set chicken aside to cool saving enough water to cook rice in per rice packaging instructions.. allow both rice and shredded chicken cool completely.
- 2. In a large mixing boil mix shredded chicken, cooked rice, 4 cups shredded cheese, onion, can of tomatoes/chilies, 1 can of enchilada sauce, and 8 oz sour cream
- 3. In a smaller bowl mix 4 oz, sour cream, 8 oz queso dip, and 1 can enchilada sauce separate equally into the bottoms of two 9x13 baking pans.
- 4. Now place tortillas in bottom of pan flipping to coat, then place approximately 1/2 cup of chicken/rice mixture into center of tortillas n roll leaving the ends open continue until pan is full (10 filled tortillas should fit in each pan)
- 5. When finished cover with remainder of shredded cheese and more if you want, bake covered at 375 degrees for 20 min, remove cover and bake additional 10 min or until cheese is golden brown.
- 6. Enjoy by itself or covered with toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa, sour cream, ect, ect
This recipe is a personal recipe added by havenlundeen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note