Cheesy Chicken and Yellow Rice
Community Recipe from
- 1 box(es) Goya Yellow Rice
- 2 medium tomatoes cored, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into Â¾â pieces
- 1 medium green pepper chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium onion chopped (about Â¾ cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- In small saucepan over medium heat, bring 2 cups water to boil. Add contents of yellow rice mix, tomatoes and 1 tbsp. oil; return water to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with Adobo. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add bell peppers and onions to skillet. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes more; remove from heat.
- In skillet with cooked chicken, stir in cooked rice until combined. Mix in cheese, stirring until melted. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmyHamlet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes