Cheesy Chicken and Yellow Rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 box(es) Goya Yellow Rice
- 2 medium tomatoes cored, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into Â¾â pieces
- 1 medium green pepper chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium onion chopped (about Â¾ cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- In small saucepan over medium heat, bring 2 cups water to boil. Add contents of yellow rice mix, tomatoes and 1 tbsp. oil; return water to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with Adobo. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add bell peppers and onions to skillet. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes more; remove from heat.
- In skillet with cooked chicken, stir in cooked rice until combined. Mix in cheese, stirring until melted. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmyHamlet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note