Quick and easy, wasn't the BEST THING ever, but my fiancee like it and it's a good way to get some veg. Not sure what to do with giant block of Velveeta now though!
Cheesy Chicken-and-Broccoli-Topped Potatoes
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 31.6g
- Carbohydrate: 50.3g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 904mg
- Calcium: 201mg
- 4 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 pound skinned, boned chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced light processed cheese (such as Velveeta Light)
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at high 16 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, combine the chicken, flour, 1 teaspoon paprika, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken mixture and broccoli; sauté for 5 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Add cheese, stirring just until melted.
- Split potatoes open with fork, and fluff pulp. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over potatoes; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note