I made this for a work breakfast. I wasn't a big fan, but my co-workers loved it. I put it together the night before and put it in the fridge, pulling it out in the morning to bake before going into work. I'd make it again if requested.
Cheesy Brunch Casserole
Randy Mayor; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Because herb-seasoned stuffing mix is the base of this casserole, you have to add only a touch of seasoning. If you'd prefer a bit of heat, substitute hot turkey Italian sausage.
Yield: 9 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 19.8g
- Carbohydrate: 31.5g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 986mg
- Calcium: 284mg
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage
- 5 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) cartons egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain. Place sausage in a large bowl; add stuffing mix, tossing to combine.
- Place stuffing mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle stuffing mixture with broth and butter; sprinkle with cheese. Combine milk and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk; pour milk mixture over stuffing mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until set. Let casserole stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note