Cheesy Broccoli Potatoes
Swiss cheese has a slightly sweet flavor that babies often like, but mild cheddar, cottage cheese, or mozzarella make good substitutes. Be sure to choose Swiss cheese labeled "baby Swiss" instead of "aged Swiss," which can have a very strong flavor.
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Place potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Add broccoli; cook an additional 7 minutes or until potato and broccoli are tender.
- 2. Drain potato and broccoli; place in a small bowl. Add cheese, and let stand until cheese melts.
- 3. For a chunkier texture, mash potato mixture with a potato masher to desired consistency. For a smoother texture, place potato mixture in a food processor, and process until desired consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note