Great! I made this as a side and it was as good as the main. I would advise this if you love beans. The jalapeno was great. I only used 1/4th of what they said to use, but it still left my lips a little tingly! Great dish. Quick!
Cheesy Black Bean Mash
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
This delicious side dish can also be served as a dip with tortilla chips.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1. Process beans and broth in a food processor 10 to 15 seconds or until smooth.
- 2. Sauté onion and jalapeño pepper in hot oil in a large skillet 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add black bean puree and salt, stirring until blended. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until bean mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note