Great! I made this as a side and it was as good as the main. I would advise this if you love beans. The jalapeno was great. I only used 1/4th of what they said to use, but it still left my lips a little tingly! Great dish. Quick!
Cheesy Black Bean Mash
This delicious side dish can also be served as a dip with tortilla chips.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1. Process beans and broth in a food processor 10 to 15 seconds or until smooth.
- 2. Sauté onion and jalapeño pepper in hot oil in a large skillet 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add black bean puree and salt, stirring until blended. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until bean mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers