Well, it is easy, but a little strange. My son ate it, so it is fairly kid friendly.
Cheesy Bean and Rice Casserole
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 341
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Carbohydrate: 57.8g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 752mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen rice and vegetable pilaf blend
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 ounces light process cheese product, cubed (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook rice blend according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- While rice blend cooks, combine flour and 1/2 cup milk; stir until smooth. Combine flour mixture, remaining 1 cup milk, salt, pepper, and hot sauce in a medium saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and add cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Combine rice blend, cheese mixture, and beans in an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine breadcrumbs and chili powder; sprinkle over rice mixture. Coat with cooking spray and microwave at HIGH 9 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Note: RECIPE tip
Bake this recipe in a regular oven at 350° for 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes