Made it for dinner tonight, my 2 teens loved it. Ran out of ketchup so didn't add the full cup, but it was still tasty. I liked the jalapeno addition. Will definitely make again.
Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes
Add cheese and barbecue sauce to the ground beef in a traditional sloppy joe mixture and serve over Texas toast for an easy, family-friendly main dish meal.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon liquid from pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 (11.25-oz.) package frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return to skillet. Stir in tomatoes, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, jalapeño peppers and liquid. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast according to package directions. Serve beef mixture over Texas toast; sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note