I made this last night and my husband loved it! Its very simple to make and doesn't take very long, Ill definitely be making it again!
Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes
Add cheese and barbecue sauce to the ground beef in a traditional sloppy joe mixture and serve over Texas toast for an easy, family-friendly main dish meal.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon liquid from pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 (11.25-oz.) package frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return to skillet. Stir in tomatoes, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, jalapeño peppers and liquid. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast according to package directions. Serve beef mixture over Texas toast; sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note