Cheesy Baked Vidalia Onions
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 small Vidalia onions
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 ounces Jarlsberg cheese, cut into pieces*
- Peel onions; cut a thin slice from bottom of each one, forming a base for onions to stand on. Scoop out a shallow hole in top of each onion.
- Place each onion on a 12-inch square of heavy-duty aluminum foil; wrap sides of each one, forming a basin for liquid. Allow some overhang of foil, leaving tops of onions exposed.
- Stir together broth and next 3 ingredients; drizzle evenly over onions. Stir together seasoning blend, garlic salt, and lemon pepper. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of seasoning mixture over each onion. Top each with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Press foil edges together; gently twist to seal. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Gently unseal foil edges, leaving onions and liquid in foil cups. Top onions evenly with cheese.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
- * Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, or fontina cheese may be substituted for Jarlsberg cheese.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Morton Natures Seasons Seasoning Blend for seasoning blend.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables