I would serve this to company! My husband loved it. I used 1 lb. of frozen tortellini, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (I did not have mascarpone or cream cheese) that I whizzed with a stick blender, most of a bottle of sauce, 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme and 1/4 cup of parsley. Mixed everything up, put it in the oven, and when almost done topped it with about 1/4 lb. shredded mozarella and 1/4 cup shredded asiago. Not exactly the recipe as written but close. I do not think smoked mozz would have enhanced this recipe. In fact, I said to my husband that I would have added a little liquid smoke if I wanted barbecued tortellini. He basically said "Yuck!". Better than "lasagna" made with ravioli. Not entirely healthy because of all the cheese--but definitely use low fat cheese!--but meat free.
Cheesy Baked Tortellini
Serve this Cheesy Baked Tortellini with garlic bread to take the Italian flavors to another level.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 10-oz. pkg. refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese or softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 5 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine marinara sauce, mascarpone or cream cheese, parsley and thyme. Fold in tortellini. Transfer to a greased 9"x9" baking pan. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes