I used 3 lbs. of refrigerated tortellini from Costco. I used the 1/3 cup of cream cheese, and I made homemade sauce instead of bottled sauce and made probably about 2 jars worth. I used dried parsley and thyme, too. I also wasn't too keen on the idea of the smoked mozzarella (I don't think my kids would have touched it then), so I just used the shredded colby jack cheese we had on hand instead. With those modifications, I would say it was excellent! My 6 year old told me it was his second favorite dinner I ever made. So you know it has to be a winner! (I sadly still lost the battle to pizza.) We will definitely make again.
Cheesy Baked Tortellini
- 1 10-oz. pkg. refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese or softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 5 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine marinara sauce, mascarpone or cream cheese, parsley and thyme. Fold in tortellini. Transfer to a greased 9"x9" baking pan. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes