I used 3 lbs. of refrigerated tortellini from Costco. I used the 1/3 cup of cream cheese, and I made homemade sauce instead of bottled sauce and made probably about 2 jars worth. I used dried parsley and thyme, too. I also wasn't too keen on the idea of the smoked mozzarella (I don't think my kids would have touched it then), so I just used the shredded colby jack cheese we had on hand instead. With those modifications, I would say it was excellent! My 6 year old told me it was his second favorite dinner I ever made. So you know it has to be a winner! (I sadly still lost the battle to pizza.) We will definitely make again.
Cheesy Baked Tortellini
- 1 10-oz. pkg. refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese or softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 5 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine marinara sauce, mascarpone or cream cheese, parsley and thyme. Fold in tortellini. Transfer to a greased 9"x9" baking pan. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note