Cheesy Baked Shrimp With Roasted Tomato Quinoa
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) quinoa
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cup(s) yellow onion chopped, divided
- 4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 8 teaspoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 pound(s) shelled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup(s) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled low fat feta
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley
- 1. Heat oven to 400°. Cook quinoa as directed on package. In a bowl, place tomatoes, 2 cups yellow onion, sugar, 4 tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp oregano, d basil and a pinch each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2. Coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray; arrange tomatoes on sheet, cut side up; roast 20 minutes. In same bowl, toss shrimp with fresh lemon juice.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté 1/2 cup yellow onion in 4 tsp olive oil for 1 minute. Add diced tomato, wine, garlic, 1/2 tsp dried oregano and a pinch each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; cook, stirring, until bubbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, 5 minutes; stir in shrimp.
- 4. Transfer shrimp mixture to a medium baking dish; top with feta; bake until shrimp are cooked through and cheese melts, 12 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle shrimp with parsley; serve with quinoa topped with roasted tomatoes.
- 502 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated), 53 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 35 g protein
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margow2108 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheesy Baked Shrimp With Roasted Tomato Quinoa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes