I didn't grow up in the South so I didn't grow up with grits and never really cared for them until this recipe. They are so good and I make them for breakfast when family is in town or for a brunch and even w/bbq shrimp.
Cheesy Baked Grits
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, they can be reheated in the microwave.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup uncooked regular grits
- 1 (16-oz.) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Prepare 1 cup grits according to package directions; remove from heat, and stir in cheese and butter until blended.
- 2. Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt. Gradually whisk about one-fourth of hot grits mixture into egg mixture; add to the remaining hot grits mixture, whisking constantly. Spoon mixture evenly into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes or until set.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Velveeta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note