Cheesy Bacon-and-Ham Casserole
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/2 pound chopped cooked ham
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf prepared pasteurized cheese product, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Cook ham in reserved drippings in skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Cook grits according to package directions. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and butter until melted. Stir in bacon, ham, eggs, and remaining ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set.
- NOTE: Casserole may be prepared a day ahead; cover and chill. Remove from refrigerator the following day, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheesy Bacon-and-Ham Casserole Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch