Great classic mac n cheese. Good instructions on how to prepare the cheese sauce properly.
Cheesiest Macaroni and Cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Macaroni Cooked according to package directions, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Salted Butter
- 4 cup(s) Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 5 cup(s) Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, be careful not to scorch.
- Slowly whisk flour into melted butter until smooth
- Add milk 1C at a time, stirring until flour mixture is blended before adding the next cup of milk
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Stir constantly just until bubbly and mixture thickens (coats back of spoon)
- Add cheese reserving one cup for topping
- Mix macaroni noodles into cheese sauce
- Pour into 13x9" pan
- Top with remaining 1C Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Rachelannie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note