Great classic mac n cheese. Good instructions on how to prepare the cheese sauce properly.
Cheesiest Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound(s) Macaroni Cooked according to package directions, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Salted Butter
- 4 cup(s) Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 5 cup(s) Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, be careful not to scorch.
- Slowly whisk flour into melted butter until smooth
- Add milk 1C at a time, stirring until flour mixture is blended before adding the next cup of milk
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Stir constantly just until bubbly and mixture thickens (coats back of spoon)
- Add cheese reserving one cup for topping
- Mix macaroni noodles into cheese sauce
- Pour into 13x9" pan
- Top with remaining 1C Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Rachelannie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note