- 1 medium-size sweet onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cooked and shredded Slow-cooker Pot Roast
- 5 (6-inch) hoagie rolls, split
- 10 provolone cheese slices (about 6 oz.)
- 2 cups Slow-cooker Pot Roast gravy
- Potato chips
- Garnish: banana peppers
How to Make It
Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
Spoon shredded pot roast and bell pepper mixture evenly onto bottoms of split rolls, and top with provolone cheese; replace tops of split rolls. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet.
Broil 6 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and top of rolls are toasted.
Microwave Slow-cooker Pot Roast gravy in a glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve sandwiches with gravy for dipping and potato chips. Garnish, if desired.