AMAZING!! I made this last night and it was a hit with the family. I only used green bell peppers and I added the creole seasoning to the meat, left out the worces. Sauce only because I added that to the meat while it was cooking. I used bolillo rolls and placed in the oven at 350 degrees until the cheese was completely melted. I did use sharp cheddar on half and swiss on the other, kids enjoyed the cheddar while the grownups liked the swiss. Will definetely make again and again and again!
Jennifer Davick; Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Southern Living
Broil: 3 Minutes
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cooked and shredded Slow-cooker Pot Roast
- 5 (6-inch) hoagie rolls, split
- 10 provolone cheese slices (about 6 oz.)
- 2 cups Slow-cooker Pot Roast gravy
- Potato chips
- Garnish: banana peppers
- 1. Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- 2. Spoon shredded pot roast and bell pepper mixture evenly onto bottoms of split rolls, and top with provolone cheese; replace tops of split rolls. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- 3. Broil 6 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and top of rolls are toasted.
- 4. Microwave Slow-cooker Pot Roast gravy in a glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve sandwiches with gravy for dipping and potato chips. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches