- 4 (3 oz.) torpedo rolls, split
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless sirloin steak, thinly sliced crosswise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- calories 690
- fat 28 g
- satfat 13 g
- protein 55 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 126 mg
- sodium 1 mg
How to Make It
To warm rolls, arrange them on a baking sheet and place in an oven set on low. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini, peppers, 1/4 tsp. salt and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
Season steak strips with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add to the same skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
Place one open roll on each of 4 plates and top with 2 slices provolone. Add steak and vegetables, then serve.