I made this cheesecake with a slight vacation- I used only chocolate graham cracker crumbs for the crust. This cheesecake was excellent! Very creamy and smooth. I served it as dessert on Christmas day. This does not make a very tall cake but it is delicious!
Cheesecake with Cranberry-Maple Topping
Prepare and refrigerate both the topping and the cheesecake up to 3 days ahead of time, but take the cheesecake to your gathering in the springform pan. To serve it, remove the springform ring, slice the cheesecake, and pass the sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 43.7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 288mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 (8-ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 15 gingersnaps
- 24 cinnamon graham crackers (6 full cracker sheets)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 4 large egg whites
- To prepare topping, combine syrup and cranberries in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare the cheesecake, place the gingersnaps and graham crackers in a food processor, and process until fine crumbs measure 1 3/4 cups. Drizzle with butter, and pulse 2 times or until moist. Firmly press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Place sugar, vanilla, and cheeses in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Add egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until cheesecake center barely moves when the pan is touched. Remove the cheesecake from oven, and run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Serve with topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheesecake with Cranberry-Maple Topping Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This