I always make this recipe when I go to holiday parties and it's always a hit. I leave out the pecans and just add some extra wafers though. -In response to shellag- Nabisco makes vanilla "Nilla" wafers and they're completely different than the cookies sandwiched with icing.
Cheesecake Swirl Bars
Eggnog recipes spread creamy holiday cheer, as revealed in these cheesecake brownie bars. A buttery crust of vanilla wafers and toasted pecans balances the rich chocolate filling that's flavored with a splash of rum flavoring.
- 55 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup refrigerated eggnog
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels, melted
- 1/2 cup double chocolate morsels, melted (we tested with Ghirardelli), or regular semisweet morsels
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until blended. Press crumb mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 8" or 9" square pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and rum extract at medium speed with an electric mixer just until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Pour 1 1/2 cups cream cheese batter evenly over baked crust.
- Stir eggnog into remaining batter. Divide batter in half; stir melted white chocolate into 1 portion. Spoon evenly over cream cheese batter. Stir melted semisweet chocolate into remaining batter. Drop spoonfuls of chocolate batter evenly over white chocolate layer; gently swirl batters with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 33 minutes or until almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note