I stole the show with this recipe last Thanksgiving...everyone forgot about turkey...
Cheesecake-Stuffed Luscious Lemon Cake
Tantalize dinner guests and party-goers alike with this ultra-decadent layered lemon cake hat starts with a cake mix and is filled with chopped frozen cheesecake and white chocolate and topped with lemon curd and berries.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package white cake mix
- 1 (3.4-oz.) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (4-oz.) white chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (about 2 large lemons)
- 3 (16-oz.) cans homestyle cream cheese frosting
- 1 (19-oz.) package frozen cheesecake with strawberry topping, finely diced (we tested with Sara Lee)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 (10-oz.) jar premium lemon curd
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- Fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in chopped chocolate and lemon rind. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely. Wrap and chill cake layers at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- 4. Using a serrated knife, slice cake layers in half horizontally to make 4 layers. Place 1 layer, cut side up, on cake plate. Spread with 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with one-third of chopped cheesecake and 1/2 cup raspberries. Repeat procedure twice. Place final cake layer on top of cake, cut side down. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.
- 5. Just before serving, drizzle lemon curd over cake. Garnish with remaining raspberries, strawberries, and mint sprigs.
If the lemon curd is a bit too thick to drizzle over the frosted cake, microwave it at HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir the warm lemon curd, and drizzle over cake using a small spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note