This is a nice dessert. A step up from regular brownies and easier at a party than serving slices of cheese cake. Not difficult to make if you follow the link to the crust. I topped mine with a few red candies to be more festive.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Rose Nguyen
Yield: Makes 9 servings
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 9 Hours
- Chocolate Crust
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 9 (1-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Garnishes: powdered sugar, chocolate-covered coffee beans, thawed whipped topping
- 1. Prepare Chocolate Crust as directed. Increase oven temperature to 375°.
- 2. Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Microwave whipping cream in a 1-cup microwave-safe measuring cup at HIGH 30 seconds or until very hot. Stir in coffee granules until completely dissolved. Cool coffee mixture slightly.
- 4. Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute. Microwave 1 more minute, stirring at 15-second intervals. Add melted chocolate, vanilla, and coffee mixture to cream cheese mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Pour mixture into prepared Chocolate Crust.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until edges are firm and center is still soft. Let cool to room temperature (about 1 hour); cover and chill 8 hours. Cut into squares. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This