Cheesecake Pie with Berries
This is a great dish for entertaining because it can be made ahead and topped with berries just prior to serving.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 21.3g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 26.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 186mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Place pecans, salt, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a food processor; pulse 15 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add butter; pulse 5 times or until combined. Pat mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool crust completely in dish on a wire rack.
- 4. Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add lemon rind and lemon juice; beat well. Fold in one-fourth of whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Spoon filling into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze 8 hours or until firm.
- 5. Let pie stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges, and top with berries.
We opted to use 1/3-less-fat cream cheese over a fat-free variety because the extra fat made the texture smoother and creamier.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note