Cheesecake Cream Puffs
Here's an over-the-top bite-size dessert for serving company or gift giving.
Yield: 30 cream puffs
- Cheesecake Pastry Cream
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (11-ounce) package piecrust mix (we tested with Betty Crocker)
- 4 large eggs
- Chocolate Ganache
- Prepare Cheesecake Pastry Cream. Cover and chill.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add piecrust mix, stirring vigorously over medium-high heat until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating thoroughly with a wooden spoon after each addition; then beat until dough is smooth. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed; cool completely on a wire rack.
- Pipe Cheesecake Pastry Cream into cream puffs through side of each cream puff, using a pastry bag fitted with a round pastry tip. Dip half of each cream puff in warm Chocolate Ganache. Store cream puffs in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note