I made these especially for my husband and two young girls for our special Valentine's Day dinner. To make them a little extra special I added a drip or two of red food coloring to the cream cheese portion to make it a nice faint pink color. :) Next time I make these I will blend the brownie batter and the cream cheese batter a little more so I get more of a two toned color. We served these wonderful brownies as the dessert to heart shaped mini meatloafs (see the meatloaf muffin recipe), grilled asparagus and mashed red potatoes. These would also be lovely paired with a small dollup of vanilla bean ice cream.
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 84mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- Brownie layer:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cheesecake swirl:
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. For brownie layer, combine butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave until nearly melted. Stir.
- 3. Combine next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, espresso mixture, and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture; stir until smooth. Add to dry ingredients; stir. Pour into prepared pan; smooth into even layer.
- 4. For cheesecake swirl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg white with an electric mixer at medium-high speed. Drop by spoonfuls onto brownie layer. Draw tip of a butter knife through brownie layer to swirl.
- 5. Bake 30 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out slightly damp. Cool in pan. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note