Hearty soup with cheeseburger taste.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound(s) ground beef - browned (lean beef)
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) carrots shredded
- 3/4 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 pound(s) potatoes peeled & diced
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 pound(s) Velveta cheese cubed
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Brown ground beef partially
- Add onion, carrots, celery and basil and saute until beef is no longer pink
- Drain well
- Add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender
- Melt butter in pan. Add flour and cook 2-3 minutes until brown
- Whisk flour mixture into simmering beef mixture
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes (or until thickened)
- Whisk in cheese, milk, salt and pepper
- Cook until cheese melts
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JackieMurphy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note