All the ingredients of your favorite cheeseburger are included in this chunky soup.
Yield: 8 cups
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 8-oz. pkg. pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Combine first 8 ingredients in large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Stir in ground beef and 2 cups milk.
- Whisk together flour and remaining milk in a small bowl until smooth; gradually whisk into soup. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Add cayenne pepper, if desired. Top with bacon just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch