Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups firmly packed frozen country style hash browns, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 30 seasoned shredded potatoes
- Sliced plum tomatoes
- Sauté first 3 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove mixture from skillet, and drain. Wipe skillet clean with paper towels.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat; press hash browns into bottom of skillet and evenly up sides with back of a spoon. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and spoon beef mixture and cheese spread over hash browns. Stir together milk, eggs, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; pour over cheese spread. Arrange seasoned shredded potatoes around edge of skillet, pressing into meat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with plum tomato slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles