My family loves this meatloaf. It is my go-to recipe. I don't put the cheese on top but I am sure the cheese would add even more flavor. I serve this with Gouda Mashed Potatoes and peas.
Cheeseburger Meat Loaf
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 3 packaged Cheddar cheese slices, cut into 1-inch strips
- Stir together first 10 ingredients in a large bowl just until combined. Place in a 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes. Pour chili sauce over meat loaf, and bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center.
- Arrange cheese slices in a crisscross pattern on top of meat loaf. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Heinz Chili Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes