- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 3 packaged Cheddar cheese slices, cut into 1-inch strips
How to Make It
Stir together first 10 ingredients in a large bowl just until combined. Place in a 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes. Pour chili sauce over meat loaf, and bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center.
Arrange cheese slices in a crisscross pattern on top of meat loaf. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Heinz Chili Sauce.