Unlike the previous poster (who is very rude) I did make this dish. It was inexpensive and fun. Kids and adults liked it.
Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.82
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 617
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 48g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Sodium: 499mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen french fries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until softened, 5 minutes. Add turkey, Worcestershire and thyme, and sauté until turkey is cooked through, 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp. butter. Stir in flour. Add milk and cook, stirring, until sauce bubbles and thickens, 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add mustard and 1/2 cup cheese; stir until melted. Add turkey mixture and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, spread mixture in dish and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Top evenly with fries. Bake until cheese is bubbling and fries are crisp and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note