Yummy, these were sooo delicious. Great cheese flavor!
For the best results, shred the Cheddar cheese from a block or round. Preshredded, bagged cheese doesn't work well in this recipe. The sharp Cheddar gives extra flavor--don't substitute regular Cheddar.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- Dash of paprika
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Process cheese and butter in a food processor until blended. Add flour, salt, and paprika; process until mixture forms a ball, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add cereal and almonds; process until blended, stopping twice to scrape down sides.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each dough ball in a crisscross pattern with a fork dipped in flour.
- Bake at 350°, in batches, for 14 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note