Cheese Tortellini with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Stylist: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 427
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Sodium: 662mg
- 1 20-oz. package refrigerated or frozen three-cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until tender, about 8 minutes (12 to 15 minutes for frozen) or as package label directs. Drain.
- 2. Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic and crushed red pepper until onion is tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, olives and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 3. In a bowl, mix tortellini, sauce, thyme and remaining oil. Toss gently and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note