Photo: © Quentin Bacon
In this play on nachos, chef Gonzalo Martinez of Casa de Sierra Nevada tops a chunky guacamole with gooey melted cheese.
Chef Tip Mild queso oaxaca is the best cheese for melting.
Yield: 4 to 6
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 jalapeńo, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded queso oaxaca or Monterey Jack
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a shallow bowl, mix the avocados, tomato, onion, cilantro, mint, jalapeńo and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Melt the cheese in a microwave-safe bowl, pour over the guacamole and serve with tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers