Loved this recipe it was easy and fast to make and all the flavors together were dellicious I will def. be making this again.
Cheese and Tomato Omelet
This veggie-packed omelet is perfect for brunch or a simple supper. For a delicious side, serve a medley of fresh fruit, such as Mandarin Oranges with Kiwifruit and Grapes.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 147
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 13.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 510mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced seeded tomato (1 small)
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add egg mixture, and cook until edges begin to set. Gently lift edges of egg mixture with a wide spatula, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan. Cook 2 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set; sprinkle with cheese. Spoon tomato over half of omelet; fold in half.
- 3. Cut omelet in half crosswise, and slide one half onto each of 2 plates. Garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Serve with: Mandarin Oranges with Kiwifruit and Grapes
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note