Cheese-Stuffed Mini Meat Loaves
Progresso® bread crumbs and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ tomato sauce provide a simple addition to these ground beef-cheese filled mini meat loaves – ready in 30 minutes.
More From Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
- 1/2 cup ProgressoÂ® Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 can (18 oz) Progressoâ¢ Recipe Startersâ¢ fire roasted tomato cooking sauc
- 2 sticks (1 oz each) string cheese
- 1 pound extra-lean (at least 93%) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir bread crumbs and 1 cup of the cooking sauce until well mixed; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut twelve 1/2-inch pieces from cheese sticks (store remaining portion of cheese stick for another use). Set aside. Add beef, egg, green onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to bread crumb mixture until well mixed.
- 3. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Divide beef mixture evenly among cups (cups will be very full). Push 1 piece of cheese into center of each loaf. Place muffin pan on cookie sheet to catch any spillover. Bake about 30 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of loaves in middle of muffin pan reads 160°F (outer loaves will be done sooner).
- 4. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce until hot. Immediately remove loaves from muffin pan; spoon heated sauce over loaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheese-Stuffed Mini Meat Loaves Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes