- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 4 1-oz. slices Cheddar, each cut into 6 strips
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 1/4 cups lightly crushed potato chips
- calories 416
- fat 21 g
- satfat 9 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 43 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 40 mg
- sodium 1100 mg
How to Make It
Whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and 1/4 cup water in a small pot. Bring to a boil, turn down heat, and simmer, stirring, until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium, then oil grates. Before grilling, make a slit lengthwise in each hot dog. Grill hot dogs approximately 3 minutes; stuff each slit with a few pieces of cheese. Finish grilling, cheese side up, until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Place hot dogs in buns and top with barbecue sauce and potato chips.