Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Chill: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 40
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 35mg
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp Cheddar (about 8 oz.), at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into large pieces, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a food processor, process cheese and butter until smooth and creamy, stopping machine and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add flour, salt and cayenne and pulse until mixture forms a soft, pliable dough.
- 2. Transfer dough to a large pastry bag fitted with a star tip and pipe 3-inch-long straws onto ungreased baking sheets. Alternatively, place dough in a large ziplock bag, snip off a corner and pipe 3-inch or longer straws (the latter will yield fewer straws) and twist decoratively. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake until straws are lightly browned around edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note