Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese freshly grated
- 12 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the cheese, butter, egg, flour, salt and cayenne pepper and process until mixed
- 3. Pack the dough into a cookie press according to the instructions and fit with the star-shaped cookie disk.
- 4. Holding the cookie press at an angle on an ungreased baking sheet, press the trigger twice, dragging the press away to make a 3 inch long straw. Space the straws 1 inch apart. To make the straws the length of the baking sheet, continually press the trigger and drag the press away, spacing straws 1 inch apart.
- 5. Bake until the straws are lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 6. Transfer straws to wire racks to cool.
- Straws may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Makes about 60 three inch straws.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheese Straws Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers