Cheese Straw Tomato Tartlets from Souther Living
This short-crust (non-rising) cheese dough forms a delicate shell for these juicy little wonders.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) cold butter cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup(s) ice-cold water
- 2 pint(s) red & yellow cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 3 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- Crumbled feta or shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare crust: Pulse first 3 ingredients in a food processor 3 or 4 times or until combined. Add butter, and pulse 5 or 6 times or until crumbly. Stir in cheese. With processor running, gradually add 1/2 cup ice-cold water & process until dough forms a ball & pulls away from sides of bowl, adding more water, 1 tbsp. at a time, if necessary.
- 2. Divide dough in half; place each half on a large piece of plastic wrap. Shape each into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, & chill 2 to 24 hours.
- 3. Prepare Filling: Toss together tomatoes & next 8 ingredients; let stand 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll one dough disk to 1/4" thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 12 rounds using a 2 1/2" round cutter, rerolling dough as needed; press into cups of a lightly greased muffin tin. Dough will come slightly up sides. Repeat procedure with remaining dough disk & another muffin pan. Divide tomato mixture among cups.
- 5. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 15 minutes). Sprinkle with feta or Parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheese Straw Tomato Tartlets from Souther Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers