Recipe Swap Winston-Salem Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 to 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 3 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks, well beaten
- 4 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Thick cream sauce:
- 1. For the thick cream sauce, melt butter in saucepan, blend in flour and salt and let bubble up together. Take off heat, whisk in milk all at once. Cook over low to medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- 2. For the souffle, heat oven to 350 degrees. Blend cheese into thick cream sauce, add egg yolks. Add cream of tartar to egg whites in a clean, dry bowl; beat until stiff. Fold beaten egg whites into cheese mixture.
- 3. Pour mixture into a 1 1/2-quart ungreased baking dish. Make a groove with spoon 1 inch from edge all around the rim. Place dish in a pan of about 1 inch hot water. Bake 50 to 60 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note