We had this at our ladies church breakfast & I had to go right out & get the ingredients to make it at home. I love quiche, but this is by far the best quiche I've ever had! We halved the salt & garlic salt since we don't eat much salt. So delicious!
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 (1-lb.) package ground pork sausage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion (about 1/4 medium onion)
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked deep-dish piecrust shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage crumbles. Remove from skillet; reserve 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
- 2. Sauté onion and bell pepper in hot drippings over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender. Stir together cheese, flour, sausage, onion, and bell pepper. Place piecrust shell on a baking sheet, and spoon mixture into piecrust.
- 3. Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients in a bowl until smooth; pour over sausage mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This