I used garlic powder and added more that it called for and yummmm. I will make this again for sure. Easy and quick.
Cheese Ring with Strawberry Preserves
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 45 Minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks sharp Cheddar cheese, finely grated*
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Assorted crackers
- Garnishes: chopped toasted pecans, fresh strawberries, strawberry flowers
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir together mayonnaise and next 2 ingredients. Stir in pecans and cheese.
- 3. Spoon mixture into a plastic wrap-lined 4-cup ring mold with a 2 1/2-inch center. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- 4. Unmold cheese ring onto a serving platter. Discard plastic wrap. Fill center of ring with preserves. Serve with crackers. Garnish, if desired.
- *Sharp white Cheddar cheese may be substituted.
- Four Swaps for Strawberry Preserves. Serve any of these mixtures with Ashley's Cheese Ring for a new take on a classic. You can prep and chill up to four days ahead.
- Mint-Pepper Jelly: Stir together 1/2 cup pepper jelly and 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh mint.
- Basil-Blackberry Preserves: Stir together 1/2 cup blackberry preserves and 1 1/2 to 2 tsp. chopped fresh basil.
- Rosemary-Pear Preserves: Stir together 1/2 cup pear preserves and 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary.
- Balsamic-Strawberry Preserves: Bring 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 18 to 20 minutes or until reduced to about 2 Tbsp. Let cool 10 minutes. Stir in 1 cup strawberry preserves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers