Cheese Ring with Rosemary-Pear Preserves
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 45 Minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks sharp Cheddar cheese, finely grated*
- 1/2 cup pear preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Assorted crackers
- Garnishes: chopped toasted pecans, fresh strawberries, strawberry flowers
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir together mayonnaise and next 2 ingredients. Stir in pecans and cheese.
- 3. Spoon mixture into a plastic wrap-lined 4-cup ring mold with a 2 1/2-inch center. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- 4. Unmold cheese ring onto a serving platter. Discard plastic wrap. Stir together pear preserves and rosemary. Fill center of ring with pear preserves mixture. Serve with crackers. Garnish, if desired.
- *Sharp white Cheddar cheese may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers