- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks sharp Cheddar cheese, finely grated*
- 1/2 cup blackberry preserves
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- Assorted crackers
- Garnishes: chopped toasted pecans, fresh strawberries, strawberry flowers
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool 15 minutes.
Stir together mayonnaise and next 2 ingredients. Stir in pecans and cheese.
Spoon mixture into a plastic wrap-lined 4-cup ring mold with a 2 1/2-inch center. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Unmold cheese ring onto a serving platter. Discard plastic wrap. Stir together blackberry preserves and basil. Fill center of ring with blackberry preserves mixture. Serve with crackers. Garnish, if desired.
*Sharp white Cheddar cheese may be substituted.