Just tasted like vinegar. Will not make again.
Cheese Ravioli With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Rose Nguyen
Change the level of spiciness by adjusting the amount of dried crushed red pepper.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package won ton wrappers
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: fresh basil leaves, freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients and 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil in a small bowl.
- 2. Arrange 1 won ton wrapper on a clean, flat surface. (Cover remaining wrappers with plastic wrap or a damp towel to prevent drying out.) Lightly moisten edges of wrapper with water. Place about 1 1/2 tsp. cheese mixture in center of wrapper; fold 2 opposite corners together over cheese mixture, forming a triangle. Press edges together to seal, removing any air pockets. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp cloth. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and cheese mixture.
- 3. Cook ravioli, in 2 batches, in boiling salted water to cover in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain well on a lightly greased wire rack. Divide cooked ravioli among 4 individual serving bowls.
- 4. Sauté tomatoes in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or just until soft. Add broth and white wine vinegar; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to wilt. Stir in dried crushed red pepper, salt, and remaining basil. Pour sauce over ravioli. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes