Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Sauce
Think out of the box with this recipepumpkin isnt just for pies anymore! Used in any dish, soups, stews and more, canned pumpkin adds beta carotene (vitamin A) and fiber. As the perfect thickening ingredient in creamy sauces, canned pumpkin can take the place of most higher fat ingredients (butter or cream) for a dish with less total fat, saturated fat and calories.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag (30 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon bottled, minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place a large saucepan of water over high heat. Cover and bring to a boil. When water comes to a boil, add ravioli and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, combine pumpkin, broth, sugar, butter, garlic powder, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan, and stir to combine. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and mixture is heated through, about 10 minutes. Just before serving, stir in sour cream as desired. Serve ravioli on individual plates, top with pumpkin sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Servings: 6
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 240; Total fat 8g; Saturated fat 4g; Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 520mg; Carbohydrate 36g; Fiber 6g; Protein 10g; Vitamin A 220%DV*; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 15%DV; Iron 10%DV *Daily Value
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note