Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Sodium: 191mg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded extra sharp Cheddar
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- 2. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring 1 cup water, butter, mustard, salt and pepper to a rolling boil. When butter has melted, add flour all at once. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until a sticky ball forms and it begins to pull away from sides of pan, about 3 minutes. Lower heat and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat in 1 egg. Let mixture separate and then come back together before adding next egg. Repeat with remaining eggs. Beat in cheeses and thyme.
- 4. Portion dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. (Alternatively, use a piping bag with a plain tip or a small ice cream scoop.) Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, switching pans front to back and top to bottom halfway through. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note